The Most Reverend Gabriele Caccia
Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations
- Born in Milan, Italy in 1959.
- Ordained priest for the Archdiocese of Milan on 11 June 1983 and served for three years in the parish of St Giovanni Bosco in Milan.
- Earned a Doctorate in Sacred Theology (STD) from the Pontifical Ecclesiastical Academy in Rome and a Licentiate in Canon Law (JCL) from the Pontifical Gregorian University.
- Joined the diplomatic service of the Holy See in 1991.
- He then served in the First Section (for General Affairs) at Secretariat of State in the Vatican
- Appointed Assessor for General Affairs of the Secretariat of State in 2002
- Consecrated bishop on September 12, 2009 by Pope Benedict XVI
- Appointed as Apostolic Nuncio to Lebanon and Titular Archbishop fo Sepino in 2009
- On September 12, 2017, Pope Francis appointed him Apostolic Nuncio to the Philippines.
- Appointed Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations in New York on 16 November 2019